Building Great Commission Families
Love, Grow, Serve, Go!
Love the Lord through Worship, Grow in disciple making, Serving the body, and Going into all the world to share the gospel of Christ.
Core Values Statement
The following presents the core values of the members of Central. We desire that they define and drive this ministry in the context of a warm and caring environment.
Scripture: A Biblical Message
- Christ’s Headship: We acknowledge Christ as the head of our church and submit ourselves and our ministry activities to His perfect will (Ephesians 1:22-23).
- Bible-centered Preaching & Teaching: We believe that the Bible is God’s inspired Word, the authoritative and trustworthy rule of faith and practice for Christians. Therefore, anointed preaching/teaching is the catalyst for transformation in individual’s lives and in the church (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- Authentic Worship: We desire to acknowledge God’s supreme value and worth in our personal lives and in the corporate, modern-day worship of our church ( Romans 12:1-2).
- Prayer: We rely on private and corporate prayer in the conception, planning, and execution of all the ministries and activities of this church (Matt. 7:7-11).
- Godly Leadership: We believe that leaders in the church should demonstrate integrity in the highest order and model servant leadership at all times (Heb. 13:7).
Creativity: A Fresh Approach
- Creativity & Innovation: We will constantly evaluate our forms and methods, seeking cultural relevance and maximum ministry effectiveness for Christ without compromising biblical absolutes (I Chron. 12:32).
- Ministry Excellence: Since God gave His best (the Savior), we seek to honor Him by maintaining a high standard of excellence in all of our ministries and activities (Col. 3:23-24)
- People: We value people, the unchurched and churched. Therefore, we seek to share the gospel with the lost and disciple all believers (Matt. 28:18-20).
Ministry: A Team Effort
- Team Ministry: We are committed to a team model for ministry and organization that equips and empowers every family member and leader (Eph. 4: 11-16).
- Family Affirming: We seek to provide an atmosphere, which strengthens marriages and families. It is our goal to be proactive in ministering to the needs of the modern day family (Deut. 6:4-9).
- Sense of Community: We ask all our people to commit to and fully participate in biblically functioning small groups where they may reach the lost, exercise their gifts, be shepherded, and thus grow in Christ likeness (Acts 2:42-47)
- Stewardship: We ask our people to commit to bringing God’s tithe to the local church. In addition we ask our people to be faithful stewards of their gifts, talents, resources, and time. (Rom. 12:1-8; Mal. 3:10).
- Lay Ministry: We believe that the primary responsibilities of the pastor(s) in the local church is to “prepare God’s people for works of service” (Eph. 4:12). Therefore, the ministry of Central will be placed in the hands of non-vocational workers. This will be accomplished through training opportunities and through practices that encourage every member to minister in Christ’s name.