Whose job is it anyway? The Pastor’s, Sunday School teachers, Christian Schools or Clubs?
It’s ours! As parents God has called us to serve as the chief disciple-makers in our children’s lives.
Deuteronomy 6:5-9 says, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.”
Loving the Lord immensely should permeate everything we do, what we talk, dream, and write about. And our children should experience this love by the way we live!
At Central we seek to acknowledge, train, and hold parents accountable for being the ones primarily responsible for their children’s discipleship. Many parents acknowledge their role as provider and caregiver of their child. But God also gives them the awesome opportunity to be the spiritual caregiver as well. We encourage parents to embrace this responsibility wholeheartedly and we use our age graded ministries to partner with them in the incredible task of discipleship.
Our Family Ministry theme, Loving God, Loving Self and Loving Others, is based on the following eight attributes, from Lifeway’s biblestudiesforlife.com.
- Obeying God and Denying Self: prioritizing God’s desire over our own.
- Exercising Faith: allowing our lives to be characterized by faithful obedience to God’s will.
- Seeking God: having a continuous hunger to know God more deeply and experience His work more fully.
- Bible Engagement: allowing our minds, perspectives, and actions to be shaped by the Bible.
- Unashamed: openly presenting our lives as being aligned with Christ.
- Serving God and Others: allowing the needs of others to trump our own needs.
- Sharing Christ: knowing that speaking about the gospel is necessary to transformation.
- Building Relationship: developing our relationships with other people just as we do with God.
Please click on the links below for direct access to specific ministries that may be of interest. It is our prayer that your family will find a place at CBC for spiritual growth, fellowship and worship.