Our Scriptural Basis:
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV) All Scripture All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- 2 Timothy 2:2 (NLT) You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.
Our Life Measures:
- Put God first (ABIDE)
- Love without limits (OBEDIENCE)
- Grow in Christlikeness (SPIRITUAL TRANSFORMATION)
- Serve with humility (SERVANTHOOD)
- Mentor other believers (DISCIPLE-MAKING)
- Reach your neighbor (OUTREACH/EVANGELISM)
- Grow in generosity (STEWARDSHIP)
Our Core Values:
- Scripture is Our Authority (2 Peter 1:16-20, 2 Tim 3:16-17)
- Love is our Response (1 Cor 13, John 13:34)
- Prayer is our Power (Mark 11:17, Acts 2:42, Eph 6:18, Rom 12:12)
- Family is our Focus (Deut 6:4-5, Psalm 78: 1-8)
- Missions is our Call (Matt 28:18-20, Acts 1:8)
Our Ministry Strategy
Our aim is to partner with families to develop servant leaders through a cyclical approach to spiritual development by providing a series or equipping classes:
- Discover CENTRAL: Learn what biblical church membership means, what we believe as a church, and what makes Central unique.
- Discover MATURITY: Dig into the spiritual disciplines of reading God’s Word, prayer, sharing, and giving, to help you grow in your spiritual maturity.
- Discover MINISTRY: Take a deep look at your spiritual gifts, passions, abilities, personality, and past experiences and discovering how to use all of them to minister to others.
- Discover MISSIONS: Become equipped for evangelism and discipleship, so you can fulfill God’s purpose in your life of making disciples
Our Essential Beliefs
- ABOUT GOD: God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26, 27; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14
- ABOUT JESUS CHRIST: Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again some day to earth to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Matthew 1:22,23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5, 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14,15; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Romans 1:3,4; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Timothy 6:14,15; Titus 2:13)
- About the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under His control daily. (2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13, 14:16,17; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 5:18; 1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25)
- About the Bible: The Bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth and authority for Christian beliefs and living. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 2 Timothy 1:13; Psalm 119:105,160, 12:6; Proverbs 30:5)
- About Human Beings: People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin”. This attitude separates people from God and causes many problems in life. (Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1,2)
- About Salvation: Salvation is God’s free gift to us. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his/her life by faith. (Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:9; John 14:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1)
- About Eternal Security: Because God gives us eternal life through Jesus Christ, the true believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. If you have been genuinely saved, you cannot “lose” your salvation. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives us this security. (John 10:29; 2 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25, 10:10,14; 1 Peter 1:3-5)
- About Eternity: People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation through Jesus Christ. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence. (John 3:16, 5:11-13; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15; Matthew 1:8, 2:44-46)